|“As a transfer student, I can wholeheartedly say that participating in EAP was one of the best academic and professional decisions I could have made. One month after my return from England—where I studied English literature and communications at the University of Leeds—I was able to find work as a journalist for a daily newspaper. My employer was impressed with my versatility and willingness to take on the challenges associated with living and studying in a foreign country.”
Autumn Spanne, UC Santa Cruz
Leeds, England 1996-97
Transfer student, Allan Hancock Community College
Many transfer students think study abroad opportunities are not available to them, but they are!
Whatever your class level, GPA, age or marital status, there is a study abroad program for you.
To be eligible for UCEAP, UCI students must:
- meet the designated GPA requirement at the time of application (and maintain it through departure)
- meet any designated class level requirements
- meet any designated language requirements
- receive support of UCI EAP
As a UCI EAP student you can:
- earn UCI credit
- maintain eligibility for financial aid
- take courses to fulfill language requirements or for personal interest
- take courses in your major, minor, or breadth
Check the links to your UCI School for ideas of how to maximize credit toward your degree while on EAP.