Study Abroad in Your Major HomeHow to Get CreditEAP Program SearchDegree Requirements How to Apply


Humanities Academic Advising & Approval


Be sure you have reviewed How to Get Credit before proceeding to the below steps



  • You are required to read the Humanities EAP Guidelines section of the Humanities Office of Undergraduate Study web site.  On the web site, check the box to verify that you have read and understood the academic advice provided to you, submit the information for the program to which you are applying, and print out a copy to turn in along with your UCEAP application to the UCI Study abroad Center.

  • After being selected you have the option to make an appointment to meet with a Humanities Academic Counselor and/or the undergraduate chair in the department of your major. Be sure to bring course descriptions for the courses you may take on UCEAP so s/he can help you determine which courses are likely to meet degree requirements. 


  • Submit your completed Pre-Application to the UCI Study Abroad Center once you have chosen an IOP program. You will then receive details on the process for fulfilling UCI degree requirements, receiving credit and financial aid.  If at some point you find out the program does not fit your needs, you can complete a new Pre-Application for another program at that time.

UC Summer Abroad:

  • Meet with an Academic Counselor in the School of your major to determine the procedure to follow if you would like courses to fulfill UCI degree requirements.


  • If the courses you originally discussed with your Academic Counselor change, feel free to email to ask if other courses are likely to count toward degree requirements - attach course descriptions/syllabi.
  • Once your units are posted on your transcript, you may schedule an appointment with an Academic Counselor. You may have a petitioning process to follow in order to have the courses fulfill specific degree requirements. Be sure to save course syllabi, projects, assignments, papers and portfolios since it may be required in the petition process.
  • For students going abroad their senior year, usually you need to be certified for graduation at least one quarter after your return due to the time it takes for units to be posted to your UCI transcript. Please keep this in mind when applying for graduation.



UCIrvine HomepageCenter for Int'l Education Home Prospective StudentsContact Us

(c) 2011 University of California, Irvine
Study Abroad Center