Academic Planning Home How to Get Credit EAP Program Search
Degree Requirements
How to Apply


Comparative Literature Majors Study Abroad


"Comparative Literature is about crossing borders of all kinds but first and foremost about crossing geographic borders. We want you to be smart, critical participants of a globalized world and that is why in our classrooms we emphasize how books, cultural practices and ideas travel from place to place and why we encourage you to learn a foreign language. Experiencing a different way of living and looking at the world by studying abroad is absolutely fundamental to your education. It could also be one of the most exciting and life-changing experiences you’ll ever go through!"

Professor Adriana Johnson
Comparative Literature

Fulfill upper division major requirements on UC EAP

- Take literature and/or culture courses abroad (in English or in a foreign language) to fulfill your major requirements

- Fulfill 2nd year language courses abroad (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese, etc)

- Consider fulfilling GE requirements while abroad

- Complete the 60 series at UCI before you go abroad

- Study abroad in your junior year or in the fall of your senior year (we don’t recommend that you study abroad during the winter or spring quarters of your senior year)

- Transfer students CAN study abroad but MUST plan early

Courses in English:

Language skills required:

Use the EAP Program Search to find more options!


UCIrvine HomepageCenter for Int'l Education Home Prospective StudentsContact Us

(c) 2011 University of California, Irvine
Study Abroad Center